Touchpad Indicator Applet.
Note: This is a beta version, not sure how stable this all works yet.
Please report bugs here.
Some parts from the Gnome 3 Extension used:
- Toggle touchpad status manually
Disable touchpad on mouse-connect
- Enable or disable on exit
- Disable on start
- Everything optional and quick to configure
- DBus interface to toggle touchpad
- Mark a device as trackpoint, so that it won't interfere with the mouse plug detection.
- Extract to ~/.local/share/cinnamon/applets
- Enable the applet in cinnamon settings.
Keyboard shortcut for toggling the touchpad:
- Open the keyboard settings, switch to the shortcuts tab.
- Go to custom shortcuts, click on "add custom shortcut"
- Enter a name and enter the following as command line:
- qdbus info.Lusito.TouchpadIndicatorClassic /info/Lusito/TouchpadIndicatorClassic info.Lusito.TouchpadIndicatorClassic.Toggle
- Change the keybinding to whatever you like.
If your mouse or touchpad does not get detected correctly, please follow these steps:
- Plug in all your mouse/etc. devices you want to work with.
- Rightclick the applet icon
- Click on "copy xinput info to clipboard"
- go to http://pastebin.com/ (or any other pastebin site of your liking)
- paste your clipboard there and submit.
- You'll receive a link in return, please post that link here.
Also write in which devices are pluggable.
- If you can not identify the pluggable devices in the xinput list, please make another dump with your devices unplugged.