A Cinnamon applet based on the Gnome Shell weather extension.
Cinnamon 1.8+. Users of Cinnamon 1.7 should not upgrade.
Cinnamon now manages applet installation -- there is no script to run.
To find your location, click here (alternate). Your WOEID ("Where On Earth ID") is the id attribute of the output. For example, New York is USNY0996.
Configure your settings via Cinnamon's Applets menu.
Note: a known bug in Fedora 19 ("Schrödinger's Cat") prevents the applet from loading. See the link for the fix.
New releases will be announced on the mailing list.
You may wish to filter messages with [cinnamon-weather] in the subject.
- add wind chill (thanks Scott Geiger!)
- updated to new Cinnamon settings API
- add right-click menu to access settings (thanks scollins!); hide in Cinnamon 2.x
- allow multiple instances
- add WOEID lookup button
- note Fedora 19 bug in README
- updated Finnish, Ukranian, Dutch, German translation
- add 5-day forecast
- add Turkish, Vietnamese, Lithuanian, Hungarian translations
- fix tooltip translation
- fix a potential translation conflict with Cinnamon shell
- add Arabic translation
- add maintainer scripts
- add Icelandic (encoding fixed), traditional Chinese, Bulgarian, Japanese, Greek translation
- update German, Portuguese, Chinese, French, Polish, Slovak translation
- separate Brazilian and Portuguese translation
- add sunrise / sunset time
- add Danish, Latvian translation
- add custom icon for cinnamon-settings; change name to "Weather" (was "Cinnamon Weather")
- improve Russian, Italian, Czech, Portuguese translation
- fix visible text toggle
- improve namespace convention
- link WOEID lookup
- fix menu styling
- add symbolic icons
- add wind speed
- fix translation warnings
- add translations
- add settings editor
- initial upload