This is a Cinnamon applet, which Enables or Disables your screensaver with the click of the icon.
This currently should work with cinnamon-screensaver or gnome-screensaver.
Left-clicking the icon will disable the screensaver (and change the icon). Left-clicking again should restart the process.
You can now configure the icons to show in the panel, as well as use a hot-key to toggle the inhibitor.
- Install via Spices installer in Cinnamon 1.8+ or..
1) Unzip, copy the folder "screen-inhibit@mtwebster" to "~/.local/share/cinnamon/applets/".
2) Enable the applet in cinnamon settings.
- 1.1 - Changed to use dbus to control gnome-session (like old gnome applet)
- 1.2 - Added right-click option to edit screensaver settings
- 1.8 - Updated to Cinnamon 1.8, added configuration for changing icons and setting hot-key binding
- 1.8.1 - Fix loading error on < 1.8 systems