A simple timer app with a countdown in minutes. It is modeled after a kitchen timer. I wanted something easy to remind myself to get up every hour and stretch. To jazz it up a little the timer can play a sound, flash a message, open the applet menu, or plaster a confirmation dialog on the screen -- hard to miss. You can display several notifications at once, such as displaying the confirmation dialog while playing an alarm sound. The app defaults to just a message, the app menu being popped open, and a minutes countdown label on the panel. The label can be disabled in config.js
To set the sound, message, or confirm dialog edit the ~/.firstname.lastname@example.org/config.js file. You can right-click applet to edit the config file. Select right-click Restart Cinnamon to reload the applet after editing.
0) Add sox play if you want sound capability: sudo apt-get install sox
1) Extract to ~/.local/share/cinnamon/applets
2) Enable the applet in cinnamon settings
3) Restart Cinnamon if you change the config.js file. Right-click applet > Restart
Next features 1.0.3:
- Add GUI for options and save to gsettings schema avoiding config.js approach.
1.0.2 - centered confirm dialog text, added restart to right-click menu, fixed 3 min preset error, added panel label countdown
1.0.1 - added run, stop, alarm states to icon, added 3 min. tea time, centered dialog button with CSS, tweaked slider code to reset icons timer/on off if dragged to zero, added right-click edit menu.
1.0.0 - stable release.