This is actually a fork of https://github.com/yuyichao/gnome-shell-cpufreq so all credit to him - it just caught my eye on GitHub so I thought I'd try to port it to Cinnamon.
WARNING: If you're upgrading from 1.7 to 2.0 you need to erase the ~/.cinnamon/cpufreq@mtwebster/cpufreq.conf file, as its default format has changed
Unzip and place folder in ~/.local/share/cinnamon/applets, then reload Cinnamon, applet should then show up in Add/remove applets
NOTE: You'll need the gnome-applets package installed to be able to change governors.
This is installed by default in Mint 12, but not in LMDE Mate/Cinnamon - not sure of other distros at this time.
- 1.0: initial release
- 1.5: added customization UI
- 1.6: Fixed issue with applet crashing Cinnamon in Ubuntu 12.04
- 1.7: added edit boxes so you can directly enter color and other values if you don't like the canned ones. Also added reset-to-defaults button.
- 2.0: Switched to python/gtk/glade settings
- 2.1: Added left-right padding adjustment to help you position the applet where you want
- 2.2: Update for Cinnamon 1.6 compatibility
- 2.3: Updated for Gnome 3.6 compatibility (Sorry it took so long!)