This applet integrates with various screenshot and desktop recording programs to provide a single interface to capturing your desktop. It also comes with a built-in screenshot tool (Cinnamon Screenshot) that aims to cover the gap between the default screenshot tool (GNOME Screenshot) and more advanced tools (i.e. Shutter).
Once installed, right click the applet to open a settings window. If you are using Cinnamon 1.6 or higher you may use Cinnamon Screenshot as your screenshot tool.
- Built-in capture tool: Full screen, Window, Area, Cinnamon UI, Interactive, Monitor capture modes..
- Also compatible with GNOME-Screenshot, Shutter, xwd, ImageMagick, FFmpeg, RecordMyDesktop and most other capture tools that have command line interfaces.
- Options for changing most configuration settings; further customisations are possible via JSON support file - add custom capture entries to compose a menu that works for you. Additional options for controlling Cinnamon's built-in screen recorder (frames per second and GStreamer pipeline).
- Timer delay with optional onscreen countdown and interval sound.
Please use the website (github) to open tickets and for documentation. I will attempt to answer all questions posted below and provide some basic support. There are still things left to do but I have been using this applet for
weeks months a year without any problems, so development will be sporadic.
- 2013-10-22: Fixed metadata uuid issue from yesterday's update.
- 2013-10-21: Added support for Cinnamon Settings API, including binding of hotkeys. Moved to using Cinnamon Settings to configure applet for now. Custom programs specified in support.json might not work for the time being, as I look for a way to make the "configure settings" more dynamic while still working with the API.
- 2013-02-26: Added indicator when recording operation is running (change of icon if using colored icon), display error when custom command cannot be run
- 2013-02-25: Fixed issue with missing file extension, fixed settings save-location browse button, made save-locations editable, default save locations are now system standard "Pictures" and "Videos", fixed issue with "Screen" capture mode also capturing the popupmenu (Cinnamon Screenshot); Fixed build process to clean out junk files before zipping applet. (Thanks, Daniel!) Bumped version to 0.91.
- 2013-02-24: Recorder fixes; removed options sub-popupmenu in favor of inline toggle buttons. Decoupled save path and prefixes from other settings. Added better built-in support for ImageMagick, XWD, FFmpeg and RecordMyDesktop. Added "Record sound" toggle button. Removed delay setting from applet, moved it to options as a spinner control.
- 2013-02-18: Re-added missing style for area resize handles
- 2013-01-28: Adds more clipboard copy options (full path, filename, folder, image data)
- 2013-01-20: Added instructions overlay for area and UI capture modes.
- 2013-01-19: Fixed issue preventing start-up when gnome-screenshot isn't installed.
- 2013-01-07: Added monitor capture mode for multi-monitor displays. Added option to choose between new colored applet icon and previous symbolic icon. Added option for whether to open captures in the file manager.
- 2012-12-31: Patch from autarkper for using superclass constructor for applet popupmenu.
- 2012-12-14: Corrected timer placement on-screen, enabled timer for Screen capture mode
- 2012-12-11: Fix for always-on imgur uploads (check imgur.log, either in home dir or save dir for view/delete URLs)
- 2012-11-29: Cleaned up some log spam, added new icon