RSS news feed reader for cinnamon
Github page: https://github.com/jonbrett/cinnamon-feeds-applet
Google+ (Feedback on beta features): https://plus.google.com/communities/109767155199904384209
- Monitor RSS and Atom news feeds directly from the cinnamon panel
- Displays multiple feeds (separate multiple feed URLs with spaces in settings)
- Shows which feed items have been read/unread
- Supports multi-instance
- Displays feed title image where available (e.g. see screenshot)
(Note: Full changelog can be found in CHANGELOG file within the applet source)
- Fixed processor 100% utilization issue.
- Removed methods that caused app to be marked 'Dangerous' in cinnamon v3.
- Above two fixed resolve cinnamon hanging at startup bug.
- Resolved title being overridden sometimes and blank other times.
- Changed default update interval to 15 min.
- Changed default option to not show read posts.
- Fixed issue with notifications remaining after app is removed. #68
Added new interface features. #85
- Added Highlighting, identifiying the selected feed.
- Added hover shading to better identify what feed / item is being hovered over.
- - Changed right click to open the raw feed in browser. #84
- - Made the sub menus automatic and smarter. #83
- Added color to unread feeds
- Fixed issue with Atom feeds
- Updated notifications so they close when feed is read.
- Fixed issue with applet on Mint.
- Updated python to run on either python 2.x or python 3.x
- Fixed mark all read option from right click menu.
- Minor interface bug fixes
- Additional mark items read options.
- Added date read to post
- Added age to display list
- Added number read / total number
- Updated layout to work with Cinnamon 2.6+
Added right click menu to feeds and items
- Mark all items read
- Mark single item read
- Fix bad icon references (thanks @mockturtl)
- Use external python app to parse feeds (thanks @collinss)