Stackoverflow Questions Notifier
Stackoverflow Questions Notifier Applet
A Linux Mint Cinnamon Applet that checks Stackoverflow site and shows a notification when a new question (with one or several tags) is posted
The frequency timeout and the tags of interest can be set up
- Right click on your panel, click
Add applets to the panel
- Click on
Get more onlinetab
Stackoverflow Questions Notifier, right click and
Mark for installation
- Once installed
Add to panel
- Right click on the applet icon, click
Configure, set the tags you're interested in and the frequency time, defaults values are: "
Tested on Cinnamon 2.4.6, Linux Mint 17.1
- Duplicated questions notification bug solved for good!
- Minor improvements over duplicated question notifications bug
- Minor bug fixes: The error messages weren't showing
- Show popup notifications every n minutes with new questions posted under certain tags
- Let the user disabled/enabled notifications by clicking on the applet icon
- Notifications contain a link for the question
- The applet configuration dialog lets the user set the list of tags (labels separated by
- If the maximum number of request to the API site is reached, the applet will block
itself until the service throttle time is restore again
I'm a fan of Stackoverflow, I like to help people around, to learn new stuff and to win some reputation points at the same time.
I also spend a lot of time in my LinuxMint box, so I wrote this applet to hunt for questions that are of interest without spending time refreshing the browser waiting for some of those questions to appear.