A simple countdown timer app, modeled after a kitchen timer. I wanted something easy to remind myself to get up every hour and stretch. To jazz it up a little the timer can play a sound, flash a message, open the applet menu, or plaster a confirmation dialog on the screen -- hard to miss. You can display several notifications at once, such as displaying the confirmation dialog while playing an alarm sound. The app defaults to just a message, the app menu being popped open, and a minutes countdown label on the panel. The label can be disabled in config.js
To set the sound, message, or confirm dialog edit the ~/.firstname.lastname@example.org/config.js file. You can right-click applet to edit the config file. Select right-click Restart Cinnamon to reload the applet after editing.
0) Add sox play if you want sound capability: sudo apt-get install sox
1) Extract to ~/.local/share/cinnamon/applets
2) Enable the applet in cinnamon settings
3) Restart Cinnamon if you change the config.js file. Right-click applet > Restart
- Add GUI for options and save to gsettings schema avoiding config.js approach.
- Started using stock icons instead of customs - thanks zagortenay333!
- Forked code from original author
- Now displaying hours, minutes, seconds
- Slider has multiple with different (increasing) steps, to be able to easily pick any interval between 10 seconds and 24 hours.
- Streamlined UI: moved preset into main menu in order to be able to start the timer with two clicks
- refactored and cleaned out the code a bit
- presets and intervals for the slider can now be dynamically configured.
- centered confirm dialog text
- added restart to right-click menu
- fixed 3 min preset error
- added panel label countdown
- added run, stop, alarm states to icon,
- added 3 min. tea time
- centered dialog button with CSS
- tweaked slider code to reset icons timer/on off if dragged to zero
- added right-click edit menu.
- stable release.
Forked from email@example.com: https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/applets/view/68