Last edited: 2 weeks ago
Last commit: 494169186bbb4abd46f1aae8aeba9f2b3b3ff410
A flexible menu providing formatting options, fuzzy searching, and web bookmarks.
Cinnamenu is a full featured menu extension for Cinnamon. It is a fork and port of the GNOME Shell extension Gnomenu by The Panacea Projects.
- View apps in a list or grid.
- Integrated web bookmarks from Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, Opera, and Midori.
- Search through apps, files, and web bookmarks, simultaneously with fast fuzzy searching.
- Indicators for running apps.
- Option to show descriptions on buttons.
- Mostly complete feature parity with the default Cinnamon menu.
- Key navigation.
- Filesystem autocompletion.
- Ability to clear the recent files lists.
- Toggle category/app icons.
- Hide the Places category.
- Fixed an error occurring when favorites change before the menu has been opened for the first time.
- Improved signal management.
- Changed the default column count to 4.
- Improved the context menu positioning.
- Reorganized the layout for more efficient use of space.
- Search box has been moved to the bottom right corner.
- Selected app box has been moved to bottom left column.
- Added settings from the default menu that were missing.
- Translations for these were added from CinnVIIStarkMenu's PO files.
- Added an option to display the description on each app button.
- Added a user account button showing the current user's avatar.
- Added key navigation.
- Added a "Clear List" button for recent files.
- Renamed the Recent category to Recent Files.
- Descriptions now scroll horizontally if they are truncated.
- Faster fuzzy searching.
- Searches now highlight the matching characters in item names and descriptions.
- Added filesystem path entry autocompletion based on the Cinnamon menu's code.
- Added highlighting for newly installed apps.
- Formatted the settings using the layout API.
- Removed a lot of stale/dead code from the Gno-menu project, and refactored a lot of the button handling.
- Removed automatic icon scaling.
- Fixed Opera bookmarks.
- Fixed the missing gda library error message.
- Improved performance. (YMMV)
- Removed extra tooling causing performance issues.
- Fixed some Clutter errors occurring when adding/removing favorites.
- Moved the Favorite Apps category to the bottom of the category list.
- Added a feature allowing you to evaluate math expressions from the search field.
- Fixed various CJS warnings.
- Fixed the application list view having excessive width.
- Refined the width for the grid at all column counts.
- Fixed the search box height for some themes.
- Made the applet compatible for Cinnamon Git.
- Added ability to toggle bookmarks
- Increased the resolution of the applet icon
- Category buttons are now deactivated while searching
- Translation file restructuring thanks to NikoKrause
- Test bug fix for users encountering the menu not displaying when clicked
- Fixed the menu expanding in height and width when toggled open, and expanding beyond its allocated dimensions
- Improved the applet's memory consumption.
- Search results now appear in their order of relevance, not by their type.
- Search functionality now uses fuzzy search via Fusion-JS.
- Reimplemented the context menu.
- Overhauled theme compatibility.
- Added a (default) option to scale grid icons based on how many apps are in the list to make the best use of the screen space.
- Porting from GNOME Shell is complete, and most of the functionality is restored from the original version.
- Migrated most of the styling to Cinnamon's CSS.
- Add keyboard support.
- Clean up and organize existing localization files, and add new translations.