1 week ago 2018-08-08, 03:52 UTC
Last commit: [57d7c4f2] Cinnamenu@json: Fix being unable to open applications after exiting the context menu with escape (#1924)
A flexible menu providing formatting options, web bookmarks, open window lookup, and search provider support with fuzzy searching.
Cinnamenu is a full featured menu extension for Cinnamon. It is a fork and port of the GNOME Shell extension Gnomenu by The Panacea Projects.
- View apps in a list or grid.
- Integrated web bookmarks from Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, and Opera.
- Search through apps, files, and web bookmarks, simultaneously with fast fuzzy searching.
- Indicators for running apps.
- Option to show descriptions on buttons.
- Mostly complete feature parity with the default Cinnamon menu.
- Key navigation.
- Filesystem autocompletion.
- Ability to clear the recent files lists.
- Toggle category/app icons.
- Hide the Places category.
- Fixed a bug that can prevent being able to open applications after exiting the context menu.
- Fixed inability to uninstall applications due to gksu deprecation.
- Addressed an issue with the context menu labels being truncated.
- Fixed search text clipping.
- Added drag and drop category re-ordering.
- Fixed a styling issue with context menus.
- Fixed clicking context menu items from the first app in a list not working.
- Fixed category entries being invisbly entered when using key navigation in search mode.
- Fixed the category selection not resetting after a search.
- Fixed the menu width changing when left positioned descriptions are used.
- Fixed the tooltip text persisting after the menu is closed while search providers are enabled.
- Fixed icon sizes not updating when transitioning from high DPI mode.
- Fixed the menu not rendering on orientation change.
- Moved the web bookmarks category to the second to last position.
- Fixed the escape key not closing the menu.
- Fixed the list view container not expanding to full width in high DPI mode.
- Increased the default category/list view icon sizes from 18px to 24px.
- The first search result is now highlighted.
- Fixed the searchbox stretching across the entire app container width in grid view mode.
- Improved theme compatibility.
- Minor performance optimization.
- Fixed being unable to clear the Menu button text.
- Fixed a regression preventing the applet from working on vertical panels on Cinnamon <= 3.4.
- Fixed a context menu item key navigation bug.
- Added an option to enable indexing of open windows in menu searches.
- Added search provider support along with provider toggling in the settings.
- Added an option to adjust the menu height.
- Added drag and drop reordering for favorite apps.
- Added optional tooltips.
- Added an option to activate categories on click instead of hover.
- Refactored state management.
- Fixed toggling the autoscroll option not working until a Cinnamon restart.
- Fixed some uncaught errors when enabling bookmarks while no sources are available.
- Fixed opening the menu on hover only working once.
- Known issues:
- Icons will move to the right a bit when activating the context menu on a menu item in the grid view. This is due to working around API changes that completely break the context menu positioning in Cinnamon git, and the issue shouldn't occur when Cinnamon 3.6 releases.
- Improved the performance of web bookmarks loading.
- Fixed toggling web bookmarks not fully taking effect unless Cinnamon is restarted.
- Fixed the grid/list view toggle states.
- Fixed an error that can occur when reloading the applet.
- Fixed a regression with math expressions not working in the search bar.
- Fixed an issue with the score threshold being too high for app searches.
- Removed the Lodash dependency.
- Fixed an error occurring when favorites change before the menu has been opened for the first time.
- Improved signal management.
- Changed the default column count to 4.
- Improved the context menu positioning.
- Reorganized the layout for more efficient use of space.
- Search box has been moved to the bottom right corner.
- Selected app box has been moved to bottom left column.
- Added settings from the default menu that were missing.
- Translations for these were added from CinnVIIStarkMenu's PO files.
- Added an option to display the description on each app button.
- Added a user account button showing the current user's avatar.
- Added key navigation.
- Added a "Clear List" button for recent files.
- Renamed the Recent category to Recent Files.
- Descriptions now scroll horizontally if they are truncated.
- Faster fuzzy searching.
- Searches now highlight the matching characters in item names and descriptions.
- Added filesystem path entry autocompletion based on the Cinnamon menu's code.
- Added highlighting for newly installed apps.
- Formatted the settings using the layout API.
- Removed a lot of stale/dead code from the Gno-menu project, and refactored a lot of the button handling.
- Removed automatic icon scaling.
- Fixed Opera bookmarks.
- Fixed the missing gda library error message.
- Improved performance. (YMMV)
- Removed extra tooling causing performance issues.
- Fixed some Clutter errors occurring when adding/removing favorites.
- Moved the Favorite Apps category to the bottom of the category list.
- Added a feature allowing you to evaluate math expressions from the search field.
- Fixed various CJS warnings.
- Fixed the application list view having excessive width.
- Refined the width for the grid at all column counts.
- Fixed the search box height for some themes.
- Made the applet compatible for Cinnamon Git.
- Added ability to toggle bookmarks
- Increased the resolution of the applet icon
- Category buttons are now deactivated while searching
- Translation file restructuring thanks to NikoKrause
- Test bug fix for users encountering the menu not displaying when clicked
- Fixed the menu expanding in height and width when toggled open, and expanding beyond its allocated dimensions
- Improved the applet's memory consumption.
- Search results now appear in their order of relevance, not by their type.
- Search functionality now uses fuzzy search via Fusion-JS.
- Reimplemented the context menu.
- Overhauled theme compatibility.
- Added a (default) option to scale grid icons based on how many apps are in the list to make the best use of the screen space.
- Porting from GNOME Shell is complete, and most of the functionality is restored from the original version.
- Migrated most of the styling to Cinnamon's CSS.
- Add keyboard support.
- Clean up and organize existing localization files, and add new translations.