Cassia Window List
This is a Cinnamon window list and panel launcher applet based on CobiWindowList with a number of additional features designed to give you more control over how your window-list operates.
The design goals are to:
- Allow you to declutter your window list when running many windows without having to do without button labels
- Keyboard hot-keys to switch to specific windows so you don't have to reach for the mouse so often
- Allow you to make full use of your mouse buttons to interact with the window list
- A panel launcher that will activate existing windows rather then unconditionally launching new ones
This applet requires at least Cinnamon 4.0
- Right click on the cinnamon panel that you wish to add the CassiaWindowList to and click "Applets"
- Click on the "Download" tab and select "Cassia Window List" and then click the install button on the right
- Click on the "Manage Tab"
- You most likely will want to disable the existing window-list applet you are using
- Select the "Cassia Window List" entry and then click the "+" button at the bottom of the Applet window
- The CassiaWindowList Basic Setup Wizard window will appear, follow the instructions to configure to your liking
- Right click on the cinnamon panel and use "Panel edit mode" to enable moving the window-list within the panel
- More configuration options: Right-click on any windowlist button, "Applet Preferences" -> "Configure..."
In addition to the features of the CobiWindowList...
- Hotkeys: Assign hotkeys to windows and applications so you can switch-to/minimize/start application windows using the keyboard
- Application pooling: Keeps all window list buttons from the same application together side by side
- On demand application grouping: Allows for Group/Ungroup application windows on the fly
- Label pooling: Show only one label when adjacent windows are for the same application
- Automatic grouping/ungrouping: Group/ungroup windows for an application based on available space in the window list
- Zoomable thumbnail windows: Thumbnail windows can be zoomed in or out using the mouse scroll wheel
- Configurable mouse button actions for the middle, forward and back mouse buttons
- Configurable Ctrl/Shift + mouse button actions for all 5 mouse buttons
- One character unicode indicators characters to indicate group window count, minimized status and pinned status
- Total control over which window-list buttons have labels, and what the label contents are
- Automatic configuration backup so you can restore your configuration after adding the applet to a panel again
You can leave a comment here on cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com or you can create an issue on my CassiaWindowList devlopment GitHub repository:
This is where I develop new features or test out any new ideas I have before pushing to cinnamon-spices.