System monitor applet
This applet uses glibtop to get system resources usage statistics and displays them in graphs and also as text in tooltip.
All graph colors and sizes are configurable. Color settings support alpha channel, for ex. setting background alpha to 0 can make the background transparent.
Cinnamon settings API is used. All changes are applied on the fly and it is not necessary to restart the Cinnamon.
- Ubuntu, Mint
sudo apt-get install gir1.2-gtop-2.0
sudo dnf install libgtop2
- Fixed crash in network provider when glibtop failed to retrieve network interface list and a fallback method was used
- Fixed memory leak
- Applet now uses one drawing area for all graphs, it should reduce drawing overhead
- Fixed rendering, it should be pixel perfect now
- Added option to show decimal value as CPU usage in the tooltip
- Fixed applet not loading in Cinnamon older than 3.2
- Fixed an issue with applet not loading on some distributions due to a missing function
- Added support for vertical panels
- Applet checks for missing dependency on startup (glibtop) and asks the user to install it instead of just failing to load
- Using Cinnamon Applet Settings API instead of custom application
- Changed CPU provider to support system suspend without breaking
- Rewrote rendering code, applet now supports smooth graphs
- Enabled customization through custom application
- Added more data providers
- First applet version