Bug reports, feature requests and contributions
If anyone has bugs to report, a feature request or a contribution, do so on this xlet GitHub page.
Multi Translator extension description
If one or more of these dependencies are missing in your system, you will not be able to use this extension.
- xsel command: XSel is a command-line program for getting and setting the contents of the X selection.
- trans command: Command provided by the package translate-shell. Is a simple command line interface several translation providers (Google Translate, Yandex Translate, Bing Translate and Apertium) which allows you to translate strings in your terminal.
Read this extension help file for more details.
Once installed and enabled, the following shortcuts will be available.
Global shortcuts (configurable from the extension settings)
- Super + T: Open translator dialog.
- Super + Shift + T: Open translator dialog and translate text from clipboard.
- Super + Alt + T: Open translator dialog and translate from primary selection.
Shortcuts available on the translation dialog
- Ctrl + Enter: Translate text.
- Shift + Enter: Force text translation. Ignores translation history.
- Ctrl + Shift + C: Copy translated text to clipboard.
- Ctrl + S: Swap languages.
- Ctrl + D: Reset languages to default.
- Escape: Close dialog.
Settings window image