2 months ago 2023-07-02, 14:28
Last commit: [e9df10b1] Merge pull request #450 from mainmachine/bugfix/gTile-grid-panel-scaling
Tile your windows as you like.
ARROWSmove with keyboard
Entertile the selected area
ARROWSto move between monitors
4to select between the 4 tiling settings
More options are available in Cinnamon Settings -> Extensions -> gTile@shuairan -> Settings.
This extension was originally developed by vibou and shuairan. It is now maintained by the community.
- Add back old behavior as an option - Display UI on all monitors at the same time
- Fixes #421 Add back old behavior as an option - UI can have a fixed size instead of respecting the monitor's aspect ratio
- Add back old behavior as an option - Always use monitor's center
- Fix Auto-Tiling not working in 5.4 version
- Fixes #420
- Split codebase after Cinnamon version 5.4 because of breaking changes and fix breakages.
- Change Settings and Grid so they can be initialized from inside the app itself.
- Add support for uneven rows and columns
- Using Typescript (WIP, should enable stricter type checking)
- Uses webpack for build (was not necessary, but I didn't want to bother with fixing recursive imports)
- Enables multiversion support (I won't modify anything under Cinnamon version 3.8)
- Factor ui elements out into their own files
- UI facelift (using symbolic icons)
- Port enhancement from cinTile where grid is only show on the monitor the focused window is on
- Resolves #299 - Port fix for sizing issues with windows with client headers
- Resolves #367
- Resolves #336
- Resolves #191 - Add Support for move windows between monitors (essentially move the singular grid ui from window to window.) Animations are a still weird as grids come in from the top left, always.
- Add Keybindings Legend to settings for current available keybindings
- Added compatibility for Cinnamon 3.8+.
- Cinnamon 2.4
- put all settings to extension setting screen
- AutoTile: only tile non-minimized windows
- AutoTile: improve on multi monitor (only tile windows in current screen)
- merge some upstream changes from vibou.gTile (V21)
- exclude some apps with no wm_class. This is a wild guess to find apps which should not be tiled (like Hangouts)
- hide on escape
- better multi-monitor support
- new feature: select and tile by keyboard (move with Arrows, Shift+Arrow to select area, space or enter to tile window)
- support for latest cinnamon >1.8
- settings-system is used (configure keyboard shortcut via extension settings)
v0.3 thx to dalcde
- fixed conky-bug
- changed compatiblity to match all 1.6 releases
- changed grid color to blue
- removed panel icon (use applet instead: https://github.com/shuairan/gTile-applet )
- added support for different panel positions of cinnamon (top,bottom,both)
- panel icon is now displayed
- added support for cinnamon
- fixed small offset