A light theme based on Material Design Guidelines. Cinnamon, Metacity, GTK2, GTK3.18 and GTK3.22+ themes are included.
Version / Modifications
This build is based on Adapta version 184.108.40.206 with the following modifications.
- Retain support for GTK 3.18
- Stylesheets distributed in deobfuscated .css format
- Build includes Cinnamon, GTK 2.0, 3.18, 3.22 & Metacity-1 themes only
- GTK3.18 & 3.22 - Added support for different colored backgrounds in Nemo dual pane view
- GTK3.18 & 3.22 - Cleaned out irrelevant third party styling related to non-Cinnamon desktop enviroments.
- firefox_fix.sh script included to fix issues with firefox and dark themes
- Cinnamon - fixed workspace-switcher applet on vertical panels
- Cinnamon - fixed to menu theming for Cinnamenu compatibility
- Cinnamon - Cinnamon 4.0 Grouped Window Applet theming by @jaszhix & @smurphos
- Cinnamon - support for Cinnamon 4.0 windows overview theming
This theme is distributed under the terms of the GPLv2.0 license
Assets in svg format are distributed under the terms of the CC BY-SA 4.0 license
Cinnamon thumbnail includes a depiction of icons from Sam Hewitt's Paper Icons licensed under CC-SA-4.0
There are 4 variants of this theme available.
- Adapta - light version of theme - recommended for users on GTK 3.22+ systems with 1080p screen resolution or greater
- Adapta-Nokto - dark version of theme - recommended for users on GTK 3.22+ systems with 1080p screen resolution or greater
- Adapta-Eta - light compact version of theme - recommended for users on GTK 3.18 systems or GTK3.22+ systems with screen resolution < 1080p
- Adapta-Nokto-Eta - dark compact version of theme - recommended for users on GTK 3.18 systems or GTK3.22+ systems with screen resolution < 1080p
Install via Cinnamon's Themes module in Cinnamon settings or download from Cinnamon Spices and unzip into your
Select the theme as your Desktop, Controls and Window Borders in the Cinnamon Themes module.
To allow the GTK2, GTK3 and Metacity1 themes to apply to GUI apps running as root run this command in your terminal after installation to create symlinks to user themes in the system theme directory.
sudo ln -s ~/.themes/* /usr/share/themes/
This theme is compatible with Cinnamon versions
The GTK3 themes require GTK
Tested on Linux Mint
19 64bit with Cinnamon
3.8.x. Also tested on Manjaro with Cinnamon
If you have problems seeing text on input fields in Firefox with any particular theme this problem can be solved by adding a
~/.mozilla/firefox/********.default/user.js file to your Firefox default profile including the line
user_pref("widget.content.gtk-theme-override", "Adwaita"); and restarting Firefox.
This forces firefox to use the GTK default Adwaita theme for rendering all website content.
The theme includes a helper script that creates the file with this content in the correct location. To access the tool open a terminal window and use the following command to make the script executable and launch it.
chmod +x ~/.themes/Adapta/firefox_fix.sh && ~/.themes/Adapta/firefox_fix.sh