A semi-transparent Cinnamon theme, with wallpaper + Firefox extra and Conky. Inspired by the CBlack theme (author: cloweling).
If you want a panel that is not transparent, modify the line
282 of the file
For example: background-color: rgba(53, 57, 69,
0.50); . A value of
0 is equivalent to total transparency and
1 is totally opaque. Restart Cinnamon (Ctrl+Alt+Esc) for immediate modification.
Don't hesitate to bring up inconsistencies in the theme or the extras here.
It is located in the directory
This is a css file that changes the color of the address bar according to the security of a site:
Just copy the file
~/.themes/CBlue/cinnamon/userChrome.css and paste it into
~/.mozilla/firefox/YOUR_PROFILE/chrome/. If the
chrome directory is not present in your profile, you will need to create it.
From Firefox 69 and after:
You must type
about:config in the address bar and then modify the value
toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets by double-clicking on it to switch it to
From Firefox 77 and after:
You need to reinstall the
userChrome.css file in the Firefox profile. To make sure you get the latest version of the theme, follow this link or install the 'Spices Update' applet.
Without this modifications, the extra doesn't work.
conky-allpackage, depending on the GNU/Linux distribution.
curlmust already be present, if it isn't, you should install it as well.
Download the Brizel font here, then unzip into
fc-cache -f -vcommand may be needed to update the fonts.
- Copy the file located in
~/.themes/CBlue/cinnamon/TimeFulland paste it into
~/.conky(these are hidden folders: Ctrl+h to show them). You must also allow the file to run with the command
chmod 750 ~/.conky/TimeFull. More informations can be found at the beginning of the file.
Prevent your conky from flickering
- Increase the update interval in the
If this is not enough:
- Check that the
dbemodule is loaded with the
grep LoadModule /var/log/Xorg.0.logcommand If the module is not present,
- Create the file
Section "Module Load "dbe EndSection
- If you have the
/etc/X11/xorg.conffile, don't create the previous file but look for the
Section "Module"line, then add after that line
- Then restart X (control+alt+backspace).
This theme is distributed under the terms of the GPLv3.0 license.
- 2.6: color for pointer location with Ctrl (system settings>mouse) and README update (conky).
- 2.5: modification of the calendar (Cinnamon 5.2) and notifications.
- 2.4: better visibility of non-work days in calendar.
- 2.3: conky update (flickering correction…).
- 2.2: minor modifications.
- 2.1: tooltip shadow, visual indicator Lock/Num and special vowel characters of the virtual keyboard.
- 2.0: corrected the calendar applet and removed obsolete codes.
- 1.22: deleted a variable following the update of the weather applet.
- 1.21: non-work-day calendar in bold.
- 1.20: touching up the weather applet and the slider bar.
- 1.19: thumbnail outline (window list preview) and overview retouching (Ctl+Alt+Down).
- 1.18: editing the grouped-window-list applet.
- 1.17: OSD, panel editing and userChrome.css update.
- 1.16: instruction for the extra from Firefox 77 and update userChrome.css file.
- 1.15: correction of the menu display (official and alternatives) + modification of the IP URL in Conky.
- 1.14: add conky.
- 1.13: fixes the workspace-switcher offset.
- 1.12: fixed a bug in the panel-launchers applet for vertical panels, magnification of some panel elements.
- 1.11: workspace-graph editing.
- 1.10: slight panel touch-ups.
- 1.9: instruction for the extra from Firefox 69.
- 1.8: color arrows calendar, modification of the workspace applet (visual representation).
- 1.7: modify categories in the menu and menu items, change of the sound player applet buttons.
- 1.6: change of background color.
- 1.5: support for Weather + BAMS applets and photoframe desklet.
- 1.4: hover color, visual lock indicator Num/Shift, desklets decorations supported.
- 1.3: slight modification of the panel and transparency.
- 1.2: some corrections and improvements + Firefox extra.
- 1.1: fixed a bug: list of grouped window applets for the left/right panels.
- 1.0: first version (Cinnamon 4).
Log In To Comment!