A semi-transparent Cinnamon theme, with wallpaper + Firefox extra, Conky and Plank's theme'. Inspired by the CBlack theme (author: cloweling).
If you want a panel that is not transparent, modify the line
231 of the file
For example: background-color: rgba(53, 57, 69,
0.50); . A value of
0 is equivalent to total transparency and
1 is totally opaque. Restart Cinnamon (Ctrl+Alt+Esc) for immediate modification.
If the theme's font is too small, you can modify Cinnamon's settings:
System settings>Accessibility>Display>Large textor/and
System settings>Font selectionor/and
System settings>Font settings>Text scaling factor
Don't hesitate to bring up inconsistencies in the theme or the extras here.
It is located in the directory
This is a css file that changes the color of the address bar according to the security of a site:
Just copy the file
~/.themes/CGreen/cinnamon/userChrome.css and paste it into
~/.mozilla/firefox/YOUR_PROFILE/chrome/. If the
chrome directory is not present in your profile, you will need to create it.
From Firefox 69 and after:
You must type
about:config in the address bar and then modify the value
toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets by double-clicking on it to switch it to
From Firefox 77 and after:
You need to reinstall the
userChrome.css file in the Firefox profile.
Without this modifications, the extra doesn't work.
conky-allpackage, depending on the GNU/Linux distribution.
curlmust already be present, if it isn't, you should install it as well.
Download the Brizel font here, then unzip into
fc-cache -f -vcommand may be needed to update the fonts.
- Copy the file located in
~/.themes/CGreen/cinnamon/TimeFulland paste it into
~/.conky(these are hidden folders: Ctrl+h to show them). You must also allow the file to run with the command
chmod 750 ~/.conky/TimeFull. More informations can be found at the beginning of the file.
Prevent your conky from flickering
- Increase the update interval in the
If this is not enough:
- Check that the
dbemodule is loaded with the
grep LoadModule /var/log/Xorg.0.logcommand If the module is not present,
- Create the file
Section "Module Load "dbe EndSection
- If you have the
/etc/X11/xorg.conffile, don't create the previous file but look for the
Section "Module"line, then add after that line
- Then restart X (control+alt+backspace).
- Copy the file
- I recommend the following settings:
This theme is distributed under the terms of the GPLv3.0 license.
- 2.9: fixed two small bugs (in menu and when restarting Cinnamon) and modifications to calendar/notifications and Plank theme.
- 2.8: add wallpaper, Plank's theme and minor calendar touch-up + panel.
- 2.7: increase virtual keyboard font.
- 2.6: color for pointer location with Ctrl (system settings>mouse) and README update (conky).
- 2.5: modification of the calendar (Cinnamon 5.2) and notifications.
- 2.4: better visibility of non-work days in calendar.
- 2.3: conky update (flickering correction…).
- 2.2: minor modifications.
- 2.1: tooltip shadow, visual indicator Lock/Num and special vowel characters of the virtual keyboard.
- 2.0: corrected the calendar applet and removed obsolete codes.
- 1.15: deleted a variable following the update of the weather applet.
- 1.14: non-work-day calendar in bold.
- 1.13: touching up the weather applet and the slider bar.
- 1.12: thumbnail outline (window list preview) and overview retouching (Ctl+Alt+Down).
- 1.11: editing the grouped-window-list applet.
- 1.10: OSD, panel editing and userChrome.css update.
- 1.9: instruction for the extra from Firefox 77 and update userChrome.css file.
- 1.8: correction of the menu display (official and alternatives) + modification of the IP URL in Conky.
- 1.7: add conky.
- 1.6: fixes the workspace-switcher offset.
- 1.5: fixed a bug in the panel-launchers applet for vertical panels, magnification of some panel elements.
- 1.4: workspace-graph editing.
- 1.3: slight panel touch-ups.
- 1.2: instruction for the extra from Firefox 69.
- 1.1: modification of the workspace applet (visual representation).
- 1.0: first version (Cinnamon 4).