System monitor graph
System monitor graph Desklet
Desklet to show graphs for the level of activity in various system variables including: CPU, memory, and disks. The desklet supports multiple instances with different system variables with the idea of presenting them in a uniform way.
Four instances of the Desklet in action.
Variables to monitor (v1.0 - May 2020)
|CPU||CPU usage in %|
|RAM||Used RAM as % of total, and in GB|
|HDD||% of I/O activity, and free and total space in the filesystem (partition) indicated by the user|
Each variable is calculated every
Refresh interval seconds (Min. 1 s, Max. 60 s.), and the graph shows the last
Duration of the graph period (Min. 30 s, Max. 60 min).
Customizable visual elements
Settings for one instance of the system monitor graph Desklet.
The Desklet is fully customizable.
A simple screenshot.
- [ ] Bottom alignment of the text elements
- [ ] Right alignment of the third text elements
- [ ] Add % of use of GPU
- [ ] Add other variables such as network, CPU and GPU temperatures, battery levels for PC and peripherals.
- CJS the importer
- Applet, desklet and extension settings reference and here
- GJS examples
- Clutter API
- Computing CPU usage
- Launching sequential processes from desklet
- On Cinnamon.get_file_contents_utf8_sync()
- Manual alpha blending
- Cairo documentation